Dating is fun but it can also be a lot of hard work. Here are a few signs that expert matchmakers will tell you indicate it may be time for a break-up.
- You’re not excited to see them- If you’re more excited about your dentist appointment than you are about a date with someone you’ve been seeing, that’s a major problem. No matter how long you’ve been together you should still get excited at the thought of seeing each other even if it’s just a quick drink after work.
- You make excuses to avoid seeing them- If the couch is more appealing than the person you’re dating: dump them. Again, you should be excited about seeing them, not looking for excuses to avoid them. Avoidance is break-up territory
- You fight more than you talk- Arguing is healthy in any relationship but if it feels like you spend most of your time arguing it may be time to reconsider.
- The little quirks you used to find cute are now their most obnoxious personality traits- This may seem like an obvious one but if you just can not stand the little things anymore, they will grow into big things leading to the eventual break-up. Don’t let negative feelings grow and get ugly.
- You don’t hate them but you just don’t love them- If the feelings aren’t there, don’t prolong the inevitable. You deserve better than someone who is just ok. There are plenty of other people looking for love in NYC, try your luck with someone else. Don’t stay in a relationship waiting for love to happen. Go out and make it happen!
Dating and finding love in NYC isn’t easy but don’t let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game! Get out of your bad relationship and find a great one. After all, spring is a great time for a fresh start.