While it might be tricky to find love in NYC, finding good food is not. Yet dinner dates can be intimidating, so our matchmaking team has found some sweet spots that will make dating in NYC a little easier. Here is what we found:
For the sweet tooth:
- City Bakery- Come here to warm up with a cup of their rich hot chocolate. And if the date is going well, stroll down to the Rubin Museum of Art and check out their latest exhibit.
- Momofoku Milk Bar- Go for some creamy treats or even try their crack pie. If time is going by too quickly, take a walk over to union square.
- The Donut Pub- Don’t be fooled by its casual vibe, the Donut Pub is filled with sweet surprises, literally. Still want a little something else? Walk over to Chelsea Market and explore the different shops.
- Pop Bar- Looking to cool down? Pop bar’s “gelato on a stick” will change the way you think of a popsicle. And once it melts, walk down to Washington Square Park to keep the conversation going.
For something a little more savory:
- Black Seed Bagels- Experience the famous New York bagel by trying Blackseed’s fresh and filling sandwiches. Once you are done, window-shop while strolling through the streets of Soho.
- Mimi Cheng’s Dumplings- Take a trip to Taiwan by biting into the dumplings served at Mimi Cheng’s. Not done yet? Catch a movie across the street at the Village East Cinema.
- Eataly- Just like Italy, Eataly is like a little slice of heaven. Walk around their large Italian market and take a peek at their large variety of delicious dishes. Once you’re done, head over to Madison Square Park and admire the surrounding buildings.
- The Melt Shop- This little shop will have you reconsidering the simplicity of grilled cheese by stuffing their sandwiches with delicious twists. If you’re in their Financial District shop, follow it up with a walk on the Brooklyn Bridge. And if you are at their Midtown location, walk around Fifth Ave and check out the art at the MOMA.